Be part of history, and show your love for your fellow Filipinos by helping build the houses and lives of Sendong survivors.
Read the instructions and register by clicking the link below the letter:
Every year since 2006, Gawad Kalinga has staged the GK Bayani Challenge, a 5-day test of courage, endurance and love for country. Teams of 15 people go on an adventure to plant hope on ground by building communities and fostering friendships that are critical to nation-building.
The urgent call of building this nation will be answered once again this April 9-14. This year’s Bayani Challenge will gather volunteers not only in one but in FIVE provinces around the country. “PILIPINAS, NGAYON NA!” will challenge more volunteers to change lives, bring hope to others, and build sustainable communities in Cagayan de Oro, Iligan, Masbate, Mindoro Occidental and two areas in Negros Oriental (Dumaguete and Amlan). We invite you take this unique opportunity as an individual or as a group of 15 (or more). Register online and choose among the following activities:
1. Building of homes
Build an actual home for a family and experience everything from laying the foundation, attaching the roof, painting the walls, and landscaping.
2. Paraisong Pambata
Create an environment of fun and learning for children aged 6 to 10 years old through feeding programs, story-telling sessions, games, and a Sports Clinic.
3. School Build
Make public schools conducive to learning by refurbishing rooms, painting walls, landscaping gardens, and repairing tables and chairs.
Be a hero for the environment by planting trees and organizing clean-up drives.
5. Community Health
Share the importance of health by conducting a nutrition program, medical check-ups and health consultations among the different barangays.
We will cap off each spirited and fulfilling day with the following activities:
• Blogging Rights Day: Sharing of experiences and inspiring stories of heroism.
• Empowerment Talks: After-dinner talks and sessions to process the experience and harness the heroism in everyone.
• Kalinga Night: Brings together the volunteers for a night of celebration and commitment.
Aside from this exciting line-up, we will also be hosting a series of SPECIAL EVENTS this year:
• Bayanihan Race: Teams will compete in a unique race around the island.
• Master Kusinero: The team that cooks the best dish using an endemic ingredient from the island will be rewarded.
• Concert: At the end of the Bayani Challenge, we will celebrate this once-in-a-lifetime experience through a culminating activity that will feature bands and other exciting surprises.
Hurry and register here as slots are on a first come, first served basis.
See you at the Bayani Challenge!
For God and country,
Team Bayani Challenge 2012