To celebrate the Adlaw sa Iligan (June 16), the Iligan Bloggers Society, Inc. (IBS) launched the Iligan Blogging Contest 2012.
IBS coordinated with the City Government of Iligan through the City Tourism to conduct a blogging contest for Iligan. The blogging contest aims to promote the “bests” of Iligan City not just to the Philippines but to the rest of the world.
Two types of bloggers may participate in the contest: First, the bloggers who have visited Iligan and experienced firsthand the beauty of Iligan. Second, the bloggers who have read from the internet or have heard from friends about how beautiful Iligan City is, in turn, luring him to visit Iligan and see for himself. A blogger may submit at most two (2) entries.
Submission of entries will start on June 17, 2012 and the contest will run until September 1, 2012 when the winners shall be announced during the Opening Salvo of the Diyandi Festival sa Iligan.
Dates to remember:
Start of entries submission: June 17, 2012
End of entries submission: July 31, 2012 at 11:59pm Philippine Time.
Complaints and protests (if existing only): July 1, 2012 until July 31, 2012
Judging of entries: August 5-25, 2012
Notification of winners: August 31, 2012 through email
Winning entries announcement: September 1, 2012 at Rizal Park, during the opening salvo of Diyandi Festival.
Submit your entries now for a chance to win big prizes. Happy blogging for Iligan! Maayong Iligan!
Iligan Blogging Contest 2012
1. Contest is open to all bloggers worldwide. IBS core members, however, are disqualified.
2. Content choices :
a) Blogger’s firsthand experience (positive) in Iligan City
b) Why the blogger wants to visit Iligan City
3. Post shall have a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1000 words.
4. Post shall have at least 2 pictures of Iligan tourist spots and other interests but a maximum of 10 photos only. Blogger may use links to show more photos of Iligan. Make sure the pictures in the blogpost should be owned by the blogger or has authorization (credits) from the source.
5. Blogpost shall only be positive about Iligan.
6. Participants may submit at most two (2) entries.
7. Contest will run from June 17, 2012 to September 1, 2012.
8. Deadline of submission of entries is on July 31, 2012 at 11:59pm Philippine Time.
9. Blog entries submitted is final and no changes shall be made after the submission. Any changes made to the post shall be disqualified to the contest. Complaints and protests shall be entertained only from July 1, 2012 until July 31, 2012 . All complaints and protests shall be resolved by the IBS Board of Trustees and their decision is final and irrevocable.
10. Qualified entries will be notified through email.
11. Judging of qualified entries is on August 5-25, 2012. The Judges’ decision is final and irrevocable.
12. Announcement of Winners :
12.1 Winning Entry shall be announced on September 1, 2012 at Rizal Park, during the opening salvo of Diyandi Festival.
12.2 Names and blog URLs of Winning Entries shall be posted in IBS website and Facebook Fanpage
12.3 Notification of winners is on August 31, 2012 through email. Winners have to acknowledge receipt of notification within 15 days. Failure to acknowledge would mean disinterest of the winner to receive his prize.
12.4 Local resident winners may get their prize during the Opening Salvo program, during the announcement of winners.
12.5 For winners residing outside Iligan, prizes shall be sent through bank accounts or whichever mode is applicable.
1st Prize – P10,000.00 cash
2nd Prize – P 8,000.00 cash
3rd Prize – P 5,000.00 cash
5 Consolation Prizes – P1,000.00 cash each.
14. Criteria for judging
45% – Accuracy of information
30% – Promotional Impact
15% – How well the article was organized
10% – Reader’s Choice
15. Reader’s Choice shall be based on a Poll Voting of all qualified Entries posted in IBS Facebook Fanpage
16. To join the contest
a) LIKE the IBS Facebook Fanpage
b) Plug blog URL of Entry to Facebook Account wall and to IBS Facebook Fanpage wall
c) Submit Entry using the Submission Form
d) Blogpost shall include “An official entry to the Iligan Blogging Contest 2012” with the words Iligan Blogging Contest 2012 linked tohttp://iliganbloggers.com
Leave a Reply